Who is this woman?
Hi! I’m Gael Hees the blogger for Steamy Side of Vegas, Living the Spa Life (I actually like to be thought of as a splagger). I am a true spa slug, loving everything spa-related, including the peace, quiet and serenity.
It is July 2019, and in the past two years I have gotten married, retired, moved twice, have a new car, and have changed and grown tremendously. Almost everything that was true about me two years ago is no longer true today. As I said in my first post, I started this project in 2013 and kept putting it off because life happened. You — the readers — are benefiting from the delay — I care more. I know more. I think deeper. I’ve read more. I hope I’m a better writer.
You will get to know me as we walk together on the Steamy Side, but a few statistics:
- Age: 63
- Children: four — son and daughter of my own, and son and daughter of my husband’s
- Pets: four dogs (two golden retrievers, one pomeranian/poodle, one Shih Tzu); five turtles; 21 fish in an outdoor pond, and one incredibly large cat
- Side of town: east Henderson
- Childhood: Little Rock, Arkansas
- Education: B.A. in economics/accounting, Hendrix College, Conway, Arkansas; M.S. in hotel administration, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Interests: spas; travel; reading, making beaded and metal jewelry; growing plants; family; friends; volunteering; living a curated life; labyrinths; healing stones; tarot; aromatherapy; feng shui; creating sacred spaces; writing; crafts (all kinds); spiritual pursuits.
Ninja Rose Hancock Hees, pomeranian poodle
Edgar Allen Poe, orange cat
As you might imagine — I am never bored. I go at every day full tilt. I enjoy this planet and my life on it completely. A small confession — I’m not a minimalist by any means. My life is full of color, texture, smells. We eat wonderful food (my husband and I both cook). We have huge windows so we feel like we live in nature. I create and think and dream. I feel like I have something to share.